Wednesday, September 19, 2012

home-made chicken fingers.


Here’s my recipe for home-made chicken fingers. It’s much healthier than fried, mutltiple part chicken nuggets and baked, not fried.
You need:
1-2 lbs of organic chicken tenderloins
2-3 cups of wheat germ
1/2 c parmesan
2 eggs
garlic powder
sea salt
black pepper
kids meal
Prepare two separate bowls.  One with wet ingredients (egg) the other with the dry mixture.
Have your baking sheet lined with foil and dip each tenderloin first in the egg to coat completely.  Then roll and coat in the dry breading.  I know, I know, I don’t eat grain but my kids do.  Baby steps people.
Once you’ve coated all your strips, bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  Serve with a healthy side like a fruit salad or veggies.  If you’d like to make a big batch of these, they freeze and reheat great in the oven.
So, get back to basics and get off the couch.
Live healthy,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment