Tuesday, July 24, 2012

parmesan chicken


A healthy twist on cooking Chicken Parmesan...

You can have it and keep your 6 pack! So I recently discovered wheat germ as a substitue for bread crumbs.  It makes an awesome breading for chicken parm, chicken fingers, etc.  I tried this on my kids and they loved it. Well, the fact is, they didn't know ;) Has a nice nutty taste and is a great alternative to regular italian bread crumbs when your not really into the white processed bread coating thing.

You will need:

4 chicken breast
wheat germ
grated parmesan
garlic powder
onion powder
sea salt
pepper
mozzarella cheese
1 can organic diced tomatoes or 1 jar organic sauce
1 cup of egg whites or
1-2 eggs beaten

I combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another.

I lay out my baking sheet and dip each chicken breast in the egg, then into the wheat germ mixture.  From there I coat it generously and place on the baking sheet.  I generally butterfly cut each breast as we like them nice and thin round here.

I bake at 350 for about 30 minutes and voila.  I like to add a slice of mozzarela at the end and diced tomatoes to complete.  No complaints and mom likes that.


No comments:

Post a Comment